This French tank kit was completed in December 2007.
This time, I choose French tank B1bis that release about one year ago.
I assembled this kit without having difficult process. It is a gentle kit for the beginner. The assembly of the caterpillar was completed in about 30 minutes, too. It seems that some maniac modeler cut down the caterpillar side one by one thinly.
Only it was lightly removed down because there was a pin mark in one piece of each caterpillar part.
French tank soldier’s helmet was valued in 1/35 scale, and reproduced with the epoxy putty.
I made the leather strip of the helmet with the plastic paper. You can see lacked point under one’s nose when expanding in the photograph. I think that I bury it with the instant adhesive before paint it.
It is a basic painting. After having blown the green with the airbrush, dark yellow painted with the brush. Irregular brush marks was remained in some places. The caterpillar is glaring because I painted with the semi-gloss black.
I suppose that many tank model fans have already made Tamiya B1 bis. It is an easy kit and a beginner can complete it easily. The form of French tanks is peculiar, different from Germany and the Soviet one.
Arms are 75mm tank gun, 47mm tank gun, and 7.5mm machine gun. Ｔhis tank has as much as 60mm front armor, it was not possible to have defeated by 37mm anti-tank gun of German army main force at that time.
I decided this tank Marking “Bourrasque” tank number 257, 2nd Section, 1st Company, 15th Combat Tank Battalion, 2nd Armored Division in France 1940.
I like this front cat mark and the heart mark on the side turret. By the way, “Bourrasque” means the gust of wind or the flurry of wind. It is a flurry, though the speed is only at 28km per hour.
The big chain became the accent of considerably good feeling.
After basic painting, I had slightly washing and changed tone with the pastel not to become monotonous.
I have drawn large his eyes this time. Too big…. The French tank soldier wears a leather coat and the expression of the feeling of quality is difficult.
When marking is put by a decal fit as the brush irregularity leaving, it has become uneven. It will stand out more when rubbing with the pastel.
Only the lens in the front was used the clearing parts, though it did not prosper so much because it was the same painting as box art.
I could assemble it easily, enjoyed very much.unusual shape finished being skilled, and it was able to enjoy this kit. However, the blood vessel on the back of the hand stands out even if I see from here…