German Messerschmitt that I am going to make it someday. I’m having K-4 and another is Bulgarian air force. I’ll try Bf109K-4 of Academy. This kit includes Cartograf beautiful decal sheet. I wonder the tail wheel keeps on leave out while flying, like this box art?
German aircraft internal color, RLM66 black gray was painted. I forgot to paint the handle, so I think it should be painted with matte black or something later.
The third party’s seat belt was added to the cockpit. Since the pilot is not in, I think here is a good accent. I drew the buckles of upper seat back very hard, which wasn’t seen at all after built in this cockpit…..
Built-in the cockpit Panel is difficult. A gap was occurring, so I have to clean it later.
The machine gun barrels of metal parts. The mold is very sharp compared with plastic parts.
In general, this kit seems no problem except for some joint points. Sharpness of the mold is ordinary.
Pitot pipe is also made of the metal.
I’m not sure the structure of the canopy flame because there’s almost no guided mold. Probably that is almost right.
Small parts were also assembled as much as possible. A painting detailed area will be done after the base color airbrushing.
I masked over the cockpit to prevent blowing the mist.
The camouflage painting of a German fighter. The airbrush is used many times on a German tanks and aircraft painting. A random pattern to draw free hand is difficult. It’s like this by feel.
This kit has a Cartograf decal, I like it. However, it is only one marking.
There are a fairly large decals such as tail wings. I put it in adhesion to use the Marksofter.
I did the inking in blackish brown, maybe it’s a normal choice.
My first time made Messerschmitt was completed. This is the symbol of the red tulip markings of Colonel Hermann Graf, who is the 52nd fighter wing (JG52) commander. He had been in the prisoner of war camp of the Soviet Union for four years after the World War II. A shooting down record of Col. Graf is 212. However, at a that time, he was actually the wing commander, I think he did not participate in the mission directly.
All except for turnip on the nose is a subdued color, it’s like making the German tank type IV. A small part has been glued together as much as possible before the basic painting this time. I think when it’ll be glued together later, a painted surface gets soiled.
The camouflage painting is dark green and dark gray. It is commonly-noted at the end of World War II.
It is difficult to control the luster. It is unnatural too much shiny, the matte finish up also dull. I choose about 75% gloss, it’s my feeling.
There is a gap being formed between a spinner and bodies when it turns around so I fixed a propeller. I wonder if it was rather unnatural there’s no single line between the spinner and the body.
The features of the German military airplanes, Harkenkreuz mark is not anywhere in the decal sheet. If it’s with a white frame, it’s almost impossible to draw by hand, and after all, it was split decal. Probably it’s delicate attention to the European market.
I painted the meter in white, all paints with the brush because there is no decal. It is satisfied over the canopy. Long time ago, I used to paint in the cockpit all in black.
There are considerably small decals in this kit.
I used metal wire for the antenna line. I could line the antenna taut this time.
I think that red tulip does not fit on the nose and recommend to use a fairly powerful decal softer. I was able to put it neatly, when it wrinkled but not touch and left it till dry completely. Still, it has got wrinkled slightly.
The tulip decal is almost same color with a spinner, so it isn’t too incongruous.
The machine guns before the cockpit are MG131 13mm. It is 30mm MK108 machine gun in the propeller spinner center. And there are two 20mm MG FF machine guns, explained in some books, but I could not notice where they are.
Underside weathering is modest. Still the panel lines attract attention in light blue.
I attached the parts of the fall-type belly tank, I think the capacity is 300 liters.
It is difficult to take a photograph of German airplane. Dark gray and dark green camouflage is difficult to understand the color border. Even more is when reflected by the light. It is a usual work, opened the holes in the exhaust pipe. A little additional work makes my self-satisfaction level improved.
I painted the navigation light in white first and painted in clear red and clear blue.
The view of this height is cool. I like it.
It’s my first time building of the Academy airplane kit, it’s quite easy to make. It has little variation of the decal, if we make other variations, need to prepare third party items. After all it may be there’s not so many choices of K-4 model.