It is the limited edition destroyer Hatsuharu (early spring). Since the etching parts are included in the kit from the beginning, it may be easy to start. I hope Aoshima sells kits including photo-etched parts not to be limited, but always selling items.
I think that the photo-etched parts are a little so it is good for beginners like me to work on.
Oh, there is a waterline series with a weight still on sale.
It is my first marvelous mind that I am glad that a feeling of precision by using the photo-etched parts at various places with a ship model. This feeling is precious.
Too detailed and doesn’t work easily, but it’s fascinating. I like painting, usually, but it is also the best that the destroyer becomes cool in such fine work.
Completed the assemble while struggling with instant adhesives and small parts. How about painting? Have I proceeded to assemble too much? I think the sense of precision is much more than the plastic parts only kit.
I could build in the photo-etched parts in this Hatsuharu, Fujimi’s Yukikaze which is too difficult for around two years and is not going forward may be successfully assembled now. But, I would like to make a big battleship now.
I’m now in the painting process. I blew the ship’s bottom color and masked it.
First class destroyer Hatsuharu was completed. I made Nenohi a little while ago and made the same type ship again. It is the same manufacturer Aoshima, but this time weaponry was 1941 version, changed such as the main gun. I used the photo-etched parts more than before and nice finish, I suppose.
Because it was a destroyer with abundant weapons in a small hall due to the effect of the London Naval Disarmament Treaty, there was a problem with restoring power.
Hatsuharu belongs to No.21 Destroyer of the 1st Torpedo Squadron and was on duty of anti-submarine patrol, etc. In 1942, she was attacked and large damaged by US military aircraft on her way to Kiska Island, and after that, made a major repair in Maizuru in 1943. After returning to the battlefield, Hatsuharu took various missions, but in November 1944, she was sunk by the attack of US Tactical Force carrier in Manila Bay. At the same time, the light cruiser Kiso and other three destroyers also sank.
Commissioned: 30 September 1933
Displacement: 1,400 long tons
Standard Length: 109.5m
Beam: 10.0 m
Speed: 36.5 knots
Complement: about 200
• 2 × twin, 1 × single Type 3 127 mm 50 caliber naval guns
• 2 × single 40 mm AA guns
• 3 × triple 610 mm (24 in) torpedo tubes
• 18 × depth charges
The deck of linoleum is handled with brush painting. It was finished successfully.
I tried to put two oars on the small boat and six oars on the all of the cutters (short boats).
Perhaps the structure that sticks out to the stern is called a propeller boom. It is attached to the upper side to protect the screw during anchoring. Really? There was not written much detail in the leaflet I often refer. The searchlight is clear part and the back of the light was painted in silver to shine.
Sidelight is finished in red and green and clear coatings. Look hard and you can see them.
This handrail photo-etched parts are attached with a margin, which is bent at a right angle to adhere to the edge of the deck. I bent 90 degrees after gluing or first bent this margin and attached to the body, I tried both. Personally, it is easier to bend the bonded parts and then adhere it to the hull.
The davids of photo-etched are used by folding from the middle to get thickness. It is extremely difficult to install properly. I wonder if I get used to this kind of work repeatedly. It was hard for me.
The Rising Sun flag was included in the Aoshima was a thick decal, so I used a Hasegawa water decal. In addition, I tried raising the Japanese flag by practicing to put on the rope line on the rear mast. I do not know actual operation, but it got an accent anyway. I think that it is the best work in the ship model I have made up to now.