It is Tristar panzer I. Tristar was a very good manufacturer but sorry to stop working. If there is no batting items with Dragon Models, there is a possibility that it still survived. I made it from December 2007 to January 2008.
This is German Panzer I Ausf A of the Tristar kit. I think this product was released several years ago. I want to make two figures with this model.
It is an injection kit and there are indoor reproduction parts from the start. The reproduction of the gear-change and the driving compartment is high quality. Because it was a tank for two crew, it might have been unexpectedly comfortable.
It’s the first work in 2008. Inside of the the tank and the lower side of the body were painted for the time being in mat black. Maybe I’ll repaint the floor in white later, though there was no instruction in the instruction.
The engine was painted in the mat black. It is an air cooling gasoline of four cylinder horizontal engine. It was 37km per hour, engine 3460cc and 57 horsepower at the maximum speed.
It’s start working day of the company which I belonged. Too fast to past holidays, very short holidays…..
By the way, the reason of why the painting was so dirty, after I had painted in white in the tank, I thought it’s easier that first painting the borderline of inside and outside of the tank in black. And after that, I’ll blow in black. However, it became troublesome on the way and quit painting with a brush.
The photo-etched parts of this front fender joint are composed of 4 parts, considerably detailed. Ｔhere were four fender parts, like ascetic training.
I could do good work of the photo-etched parts of the muffler cover in the semicircle. It looks very precision looking.
The inside of the turret was painted in white, though the inside would not be so seen if the figure is inside.
It is marking of rebels (Franco side) at a Spanish civil war. The body was painted in matte black.
The resin head was combined with the injection figure, and the beret that was the feature of the Franco army was made of the epoxy putty.
Another was a tank soldier who was maintaining the engine. I made beret and his hair on the resin head and changed the tank crew uniform to overall.(2008/01/06)
I completed Panzer I type A of the Tristar. It was developed under the pretext of the agricultural tractor, though the new weapon development was prohibited by the Treaty of Versailles after the WWI. It contributed to the development of the armored strategy of a German army very much.
It is marking of a German army that supports the Franco army at Spanish civil war. The tank number decals are shining again, I should cut the blank space of decals. Clear parts were used for front three lights, and a clear part quality feeling was able to be reproduced.
I suppose it’s dry weather in Spain, and on the chassis, I painted to do weathering like dust.
The engine panel is opened. This kit included the engine compartment parts.
Two tank crews are talking each other. It is necessary to see other’s eyes and to hear the story. It is difficult to match the line of sight each other, delicate painting touch was needed.
After the weathering, body color is changed to German gray though I painted in the black first. I opened the side of the machine gun by a thin drill and emphasize the details.
It’s negligent painting, though I said that I will beautifully paint in the tank in the making report. The vehicle structure can be understood and it is interesting though it takes time when the inside of the vehicle is assembled.
It is respected that the Tristar completely reproduced in the tank with the injection kit. I hope that this company keeps continuously developing an excellent kit.