This is the article transferred from my former site, I built this from April to July 2007.
Tank modeler cannot ignore German Tanks in this field. The IV tank kit of the Tristar is in high repute. I will also challenge it! I will produce the D type.
Now I’m making the trank roller of the IV tank little by little while drying the aircraft which I painted last time.
The lower side of the body was roughly completed. The IV tank has a lot of trank roller and took much time. Because parts are quite different in a diving type tank and a usual type when I check the manual about the upper part of the body, it is necessary to take care. This manual is confusing me.
Now assembling caterpillar. I worked on the cutting mat with the double-faced tape because it doesn’t fit in straight easily.
I finished assembling this kit excluding an OVM. I think that the shape of the caterpillar is good looking.
OVM was attached and all assembly was completed. I amend gaps in the turret with the optical stiffening patty. The main reason of occurring gaps is lack of preparation of checking each parts joint in advance. The gaps are not occurring if you assemble it carefully. The antenna was too fat.
After basic paints in a German gray, I added the contrast in parts by a little bright tone. I installed the light at the end.
Completion of trank roller, OVM and decals. Finish was not so good this time though you can not see silvering of the decal in case of this angle.
I sprayed the dirt of mud and dust mainly on the chassis. After washing, puts the headlight and dry-brushing on the caterpillar, I can reach to completion a short time later.
This time, it is the IV tank of the Tristar. This kit is mainly produced in submergence tank, but I can choose the normal version. The decals are shining unnaturally. I should have cut out the blank area or written by hand.
Marking is the seventh panzer division. I think the decals should be around here, though there was no decal instruction of a normal type in the manual. The antenna was obviously too thick. It’s like an iron pipe…..
The assembly of the caterpillar did not go well. I have twisted the Caterpillar out of shape when I was treating it like holding a snake. Too rush to quickly finish up. I will carefully assemble the caterpillar by ten parts by one for the next time. The transparent headlights are good-looking.
The caterpillar was distorted. The length might shrink a little while drying, and the back idler wheel was distorted though it has been all right just after bonding. This kit caterpillar parts are easier to assemble than other none-movable parts. But someday I would like to use the highly named Modelkasten caterpillar. The position of the taillight was right and left opposite.
I made the place where the crew got on and off dirty with the pastels. It is a target of the next work to make the figure.
This time, I have finished up the weathering underact. It is like a situation not passing time after manufacture from a factory. The work seems to look simple if there is no complexity in the color. The silhouette of the combination of straight line is good looking.
This photograph is the best I suppose. Nice Looking overall, though we can see the not good detailed points when we check it carefully. The kit must be the highest, I suppose my skill and motivation didn’t continue till the completion. The following AFV, I’ll put the figures.
I am interested in models of tanks, airplanes, ships, military figures, I build it little by little when I feel like it. I am also interested in the history of war. My starting is Tamiya’s Military Miniature series in the elementary school.
From elementary school through university students repeatedly suspend and restart my modeling, it’s about 25 years of this hobby’s history.
Born in February 1970, I live in Tokyo. From February 2007 I was quietly doing a site called “Miniature-Arcadia”. It is being transferred to this blog with the same name from December 2016. My update pace is uneven, but please come to see here occasionally.