Tamiya had already released very nice Lang kit, for now I try to build a stock of Gunze Sangyo (GSI Creos). I think the material in this box is actually Dragon Models. The box picture is cool.
It has passed for five years exactly since northern Japan was attacked by a massive tsunami, the height point was greater than 40m (130 ft).
The parts color is dark brown, don’t see too much usually. It’s close to flat earth color, like caramel.
Tamiya’s caterpillar is rubber belt, It is the only reason I hesitate to purchase the Tamiya kit. This kit includes the connection type tracks and I don’t have to worry such a thing. I think Tamiya should release Type IV tank tracks of partial connection type, because Tamiya is the opinion leader taking out the Military Miniature series…..
The suspension module does not have the detailed chopped small parts separation, and the assembling is easy. I remember the TRISTAR IV tank’s lower assemble was difficult because of the microscopic parts.
The hatches can be the opening and closing movable. Since there are a lot hammered pin marks on the back side of the hatches, I’ve filled them with putty.
The caterpillar is a connection assembling type, and a color is German gray. An appearance is good, even if I don’t paint it.
Assembling was completed. It’s easier to build in comparison with the recent Dragon kit with many parts.
The characteristic mantlet has the surface mold as a cast.
The OVM is gathered onto the rear of the tank.
The hatched are movable open and close.
There are lots of spare parts of connection caterpillar tracks even after using it for spare stock on the backside.
It’s a pretty simple decal sheet. Because it is a little discoloration, I think to use the other stock decals.
I did the blackish painting as the groundwork to show the feeling that came off, and got rusty.
Blowing red brown.
I added dark green. Maybe the dark yellow area smaller is better, as this tank is in the last stage of WWII.
It is my first try to draw small triangle dots this time. First of all, I made paper masking cut out the triangle shape, these were blurred and almost a failure. The next is using a masking tape and paste it to the surface of the tank. It does not work very well, the triangles were blurred again.??I drew a dot by a thin writing brush freehand one by one after all. I think this is early and completes beautifully. How is everyone else painting?
I used the extra Cartograf decal of Dragon models, the coloring is good.
Jagdpanzer 70(V) Lang was an improved type of IV L48, changed a main gun to the long gun barrel and improved the firepower. It was the same main gun as the Panter tank which made an outstanding performance against T-34 and KV tank in the Kursk battle.
In order to equip with a huge gun, the center of gravity is plunged forward. It was difficult to run smoothly, two track rollers were replaced with the steel wheels.
The caterpillar seemed to be changed for a lightweight type, too.
The back spare caterpillar tracks are the good accent. Such loading way is often seen in the Sturmgeschütz.
Since the timing of Zimmerit Coating has been started from September 1943 to August 1944, this tank was deployed the first in September 1944, this vehicle would be unnecessary to have a coating.
An atmosphere is similar to SU-85 Soviet destroyer tank of Tamiya which I built it last time.
Much equipment was being loaded onto the rear.
I think it is good that a hatch movable open and close. I can load the crew immediately if I want.
After the various weathering was completed, I think the yellowing of the decal might be not worry too much. However, Cartograf decal is thin and perfect match to the surface easily.
The Lang was produced 930 tanks in total. This marking is the 116th Armored Division in Ruhr region Germany in 1945. The number might be somewhat different.
Predecessor of the 116 division is known as the 16th Motorized Infantry Division “Hound (Windhund) division”, advanced to the Astrakhan in the Soviet Union, is a force that had invaded the most eastward. Astrakhan Arkhangelsk line the first target of the invasion line was almost completed, before their eyes. And in France for the rest in 1944, then fought in the western front.
This Division was active until the end of the war, in the manual there was not dot, only in three -color camouflage. When a triangle dot is put on the surface, I have the atmosphere of the vehicle at the end of the war.
I forgot to paint the periscopes in the front and left and right, so I painted it in black.
The antenna is considerably fragile. It’s all plastic parts in this kit. I think one of the option is making by myself from the brass wire.
The side periscope was painted in black. Chipping of peel off the water-based paint, the base color was black and while my weathering works it changed to gray.
I had started the other models on the way, and completion was late. Though LANG is simple form, there is a German tank atmosphere, especially in the rear upper side, looks very good vehicle. I completed it by rather light tone experimentally this time, probably it may not be bad.
I am interested in models of tanks, airplanes, ships, military figures, I build it little by little when I feel like it. I am also interested in the history of war. My starting is Tamiya’s Military Miniature series in the elementary school.
From elementary school through university students repeatedly suspend and restart my modeling, it’s about 25 years of this hobby’s history.
Born in February 1970, I live in Tokyo. From February 2007 I was quietly doing a site called “Miniature-Arcadia”. It is being transferred to this blog with the same name from December 2016. My update pace is uneven, but please come to see here occasionally.