Tamiya’s old military miniature series sometimes go out of product, some of the items are resold again when waiting.
Because the number of parts is small, it can be assembled easily.
Motorized remnants. There is a mold of the direction of the battery.
I realized that I had to do something with the caterpillar.
Although it cannot be helped in the old military miniature series, it is worrisome that the caterpillar is hard and the mold on the back side is flat. The outside mold is well made from a kit of the release in 1975. So, in the kit of Trumpeter which I made in the past, both partial connection and belt caterpillar were attached, and since I always used partial linkage, this was left over. This is a belt type caterpillar as well as the back and front mold are very good.
When I bend them, Tamiya’s tracks bend evenly. On the other hand, if you fold a belt caterpillar of a trumpeter with your fingers, it bends at the connecting part of the track. I think that there is a value to use in case you have a remaining caterpillar belt.
The Trumpeter belt type caterpillar can be bonded with adhesive for plastics, the slackness of the caterpillar can be expressed by adhesion only. However, this time it is a basic technique, but I let the metal wire slide over to the chassis and slack the caterpillar. If you use an adhesive at the same time it solidifies perfectly.
I tried to take an image with metal wire, but once it snaps in the chassis and top armor, it is so tight and cannot be removed. It was good that there was a hook inside and it fits neatly the chassis and upper hull. If I try to remove it, the natural slackness of the caterpillar may collapse.
Tamiya’s tow wire parts are not good. The only hung parts are left, and the wire rope parts are changed for nylon yarn. It looks better and it is easy to fit the tank body. The Trumpeter’s belt caterpillar fits properly and it looks powerful.
I think this Tristar Russian tank soldier is a masterpiece. The heads are excellent, even with the injection. I still have 2 figures left, so I will assemble 3 bodies together with the Tamiya attached one.
I gave him a pistol. The barrel is bent and feels awkward. I will fix it later.
This soldier fits a hatch, too.
The tank soldiers included in the kit are not too bad for the old release. I added a little mold with a needle to make it easier to paint the eyes, but I wonder it is really effective.
One of the Tristar figures, I used a pistol holster remaining for the member I failed trying to remodel to a Kettenkrad making before.
Well, it has been almost completed, so I enter the painting process from the next.
I attached a little mud on the body, actually, it is very fine sand.
Basic paint in black.
The recent basic procedure started with black and white painting and change the surface slightly.
The Russian tank crew who defends the motherland, the looks of all the members are serious.
I painted it with the Russian green of Mr. Color. I have repeatedly blown very thin paint several times to have the effect of the black and white base paint.
Tamiya’s old kit, KV-1 heavy tank was completed. The KV series is a tank that I like the quite strong looking caterpillar, and I have made it several times in the past. I have also uploaded some examples on this blog.
Compared to the maximum speed of T-34 was 53 km/h, KV-1 is as low as 35 km/h at the beginning. However, the armor of KV-1 is 75 mm front side and 60 mm side even at first. Initially, it was a 76.2 mm cannon of 30.5-caliber, the C type was powered up to a 76.2 mm cannon of 41.6 caliber and front armor was also strengthened to 100 mm. The engine was improved and the KV series maximum speed has been increased to 42 km.
To defeat KV-1, even the German army 88mm anti-tank gun was also difficult, they adopted the tactics such as destroying the running device and stopping movement and doing a concentrated attack. The weight was over about 45 tons, and the burden on the transmission was large and many vehicles failed.
I drew the muffler rust a little and painted red rust moderately on the whole surface. Even just painting the intake vent mesh on the top body with black and doing a light dry brush, I can see the detail well.
I chose the Soviet Guard insignia marking. The marking of the Guard is the title of honor to the troops who have made a particularly good achievement. The Guard troops had been supplemented with a good priority equipment.
I think that the head attached to the Tamiya kit is not too bad. The figure by which engraver Mr. Yoshitaka Hirano took charge of a prototype is really well-made. Russian soldiers may not be very popular, but such a kit should be supplied to the market for a long time.
I also wrote about the building memo, this time I changed the KV-1 caterpillar to the Trumpeter one. Mold is good and painting is easy.
I painted silver and clear coating and tried to make it shine. Depending on the angle it may be glossy.
Tamiya’s old kit is easy to assemble because it has few parts. Even if I purchase it now, the price is not so expensive. The finish was good as it’s a moderate green.
I am interested in models of tanks, airplanes, ships, military figures, I build it little by little when I feel like it. I am also interested in the history of war. My starting is Tamiya’s Military Miniature series in the elementary school.
From elementary school through university students repeatedly suspend and restart my modeling, it’s about 25 years of this hobby’s history.
Born in February 1970, I live in Tokyo. From February 2007 I was quietly doing a site called “Miniature-Arcadia”. It is being transferred to this blog with the same name from December 2016. My update pace is uneven, but please come to see here occasionally.