This T-80 tank, I had a lot of difficulties until completion. Using etched parts in earnest. Built from September 2009 to April 2010.
I bought T-80 for overseas mail order about one year ago. It was a fairly good buy for only 20 EUR.
Parts are tightly filled in the plastic bag and heavy. Green color is vivid like the grasshopper.
I can’t understand the assembly instruction was written in all Russian. I was relieved that the 15 page instruction manual is a very detailed explanation.
Molding is not sharp. Some parts are deformed.
I’ll work hard to use Eduard photo-etched parts as much as possible. Without using it, the total quality of this kit is very low, I presume.
The part to which the photo-etched parts are assembled will work by priority. It is confusing to decide the work process concurrently reading the instructions on the etched parts and the instructions on the kit. It would be better to take notes or marking on the instruction directly that I complete the finished works.
I’m considering detailed parts are basically not fit.
It’s my first time to assemble like the photo way. It’s to trash box when I cannot unite the under parts…..
I managed to unite the parts and shaped box. Because various parts interfered, I ground and sliced many points to match each of them.
The belt caterpillar of the attachment are divided two parts for one side as same as the Tasca Sherman firefly.
At last, I bonded lower and upper parts. I want to start the assembly of the turret.
Ｉ did not understand well the installation of the dozer braid on the body to refer the instruction.
A panel and a spare fuel tank looks good to use the photo-etched parts.
Original rear fender parts was removed and attached photo-etched parts. Slightly I made battle damage.
I mistook the degree of the barrel, the right position of the ledge is above but mistook to place it horizontaily. The barrel was broken to turn right above by force. After all, I shove everything off, and constructed the new ledge with the plastic board later.
All photo-etched parts are attached.
I think 90% of the photo-etched parts were attached.
The first impression that I completed assembling, T-80 is smaller than the M1 Abrams. Height is also low, the livability of the crew might not have been good.
A spare fuel tank and the pulling wire were change effectively. I don’t recommend the included rubber wire ropes.
I exchanged the buckle and straps of ammunition cases.
I buried a strange gap with the putty.
As I mentioned, I broke the main gun and recovered with plastic parts.
This model is good photo-etched parts practice for me. Next time, I hope my skill will be higher.
I’ll paint 3 color camouflage and the first is light gray.
Light gray and red brown, black camouflage is very strange looking. Maybe it’s suitable for battle in a city.
I dropped the turret to the floor, and parts have broken when sweeping the room. Instant adhesive power is weak against impact shock. It’s lucky as minor trouble.
At last, SKIF T-80UD was completed. T-80 originally developed based on gas-turbine engine, but concurrently the diesel engine version was developed. T-80 equipped with the diesel engine is this UD. It is operated Russia and all over the world as Pakistan, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, and Cyprus, etc.
51 caliber 125mm smooth-bore gun seems to be a powerful impression of a present age tank. The crew is three. It might be the roles of the commander, gunner, and driver. Only three crew seems to be very busy.
Painting on stiff rubber caterpillar was difficult.
I could not get the Google Image like this camouflage. I may be mistaking the pattern…..
Mounting two spare fuel tanks seems Russian tank image.
Many reactive armor is attached on the armor. It’s a peculiar feature of the present age tank.
So good texture did not go out because the light was too large, though I use the epoxy transparent patty for the glass expression. I might cut out the transparent plastic panel…..
I did washing and pastel painting as usual.
Not so many decals and it’s well attached and no silvering.
It takes much time to complete all between long interval. Many parts were broken and repaired. After solving many troubles, I love this kit very much.