It is a newly released kit of Tenryu. Because the ancient kit is also sold, we must be careful. Recently the photo etched parts included deluxe set is sold, I would like to have only the etched parts, but not available. I make it as it is because the mold of parts looks quite good.
I decided to move suddenly, What should I do in a large number of works in process kits, and these are scattered in my room? The next room is wider than here, so I think after everything is taken? My stock is around 200 boxes in AFV and airplane, I suppose many enthusiasts are holding more kits. Anyway, I’m thankful that all the boxes transportation is permitted by my wife…..
This ship is quite rare, pasted together with the left and right.
Three chimneys are delicately adjusted to retroversion. Probably the real ship would be so, too.
I build it with equipment of 1942 this time. We can build equipment of an outbreak of wartime in 1941.
Assembly is advancing. I wonder the next stem to complete.
I’m thinking the motor launch and the boat attach after painting.
I used the ordinary handrail photo etched parts. I stuck a handrail on the gun turret deck of the stern with effort. This part was difficult.
I’m going to move on the next weekend. Just move to the next city, the distant is close, but there is much household goods and hobby items. I’m also on the way of making Hatsuharu, so I’ll introduce it soon. I suspended Yukikaze which is the same type of destroyer, it’s also waited to restart.
Such transfer of the kits made on the way is serious. After moving, trying to make focusing only a few kits on the way. Now there is about 15 kit handling, so now reduced them little by little.
I painted the ship’s base color and warship gray. Since it is a small hull, finished painting in just a moment. Apart from the masking process.
Brush painting of the linoleum part is quite tight when it’s larger than the light cruiser class. I have never made a ship model much, but this Tenryu is almost all linoleum on the deck and on the second deck. I have to retouch a lot later. I used the Tamiya Acrylic Paint XF-79 for linoleum deck.
It is a light cruiser who started service to be assigned flagship of the torpedo fleet squadron. It is relatively small in the light cruiser. There is Tatsuta on the same type ship. Decals are same sheet used in Tenryu and Tatsuta kit common.
During the Great East Asia War, the first stage against the United States, Tenryu contributed to many strategies, including Wake Island and the South Pacific operations. In the Battle of Savo Island, it contributed to four enemy heavy cruisers sank, three damaged cruisers and destroyers.
On 18th December 1942, Tenryu sank by the torpedo attack of the US submarine Albacore, SS-218 in Madan island landing operation of New Guinea. The majority of crews was saved.
Commissioned: 20 November 1919
Displacement: 3,230 long tons
Standard Length: 142.65m
Speed: 33 knots
Complement: about 340
• 4 × 140 mm 50 caliber naval guns
• 1 × 80 mm 40 caliber AA guns
• 2 × triple 530 mm torpedo tubes
• 2 x 13 mm twin machine-gun
• 2 x 6.5 mm machine-gun
• 18 × depth charges
There is no stairs in the step between the bow deck and the central deck. I wonder if it’s time to begin using etched parts if I care about such things. It seems to be difficult, so I do not care about full etched parts. I like to attach handrails and only do it every time. Next time I will try harder etched parts.
I made a mistake on the installation position of the 11 m motor boat, and fixed it after painting. To make matters worse, when changing the position of one piece of the davit, flying from tweezers and lost. It became the first lost parts this year. Prevention of lost parts is one of the objectives of this year’s modeling, last year I lost some parts while Tomcat and Mirage building and had trouble making the parts from putty. So I wanted to be careful, but I am working comfortably listening to the radio It occurred again.
Probably, I thought that the destroyer Hatuharu which I left in the making process is having many photo-etched parts, I processed it a bit and arranged the appearance. I searched the room quite a lot, but I could not find the parts I freed with tweezers. It is mysterious. A little bit more, was completed.
I worked with only the smooth type instant adhesive as I was running out jelly type when stretching the antenna with metal wire. It was very difficult, especially for connecting metal wires with each other in the air, I was concentrating so much that the eyes hurt, but it did not work very well.
I could not put too much antenna. Because the surface of the ship looked dirty with instantaneous adhesive, I made several antennas and completed it. I thought that anything could be done with a liquid type, but it would be better to have jelly stock.
As I look at it again, it is not such a big ship that the antenna is exactly right. However, I’d like to improve the technique of working antenna lines better. It’s been a while since I was suspending from the autumn last year. I enjoyed it.
I am interested in models of tanks, airplanes, ships, military figures, I build it little by little when I feel like it. I am also interested in the history of war. My starting is Tamiya’s Military Miniature series in the elementary school.
From elementary school through university students repeatedly suspend and restart my modeling, it’s about 25 years of this hobby’s history.
Born in February 1970, I live in Tokyo. From February 2007 I was quietly doing a site called “Miniature-Arcadia”. It is being transferred to this blog with the same name from December 2016. My update pace is uneven, but please come to see here occasionally.