It is a quite popular Tiger tank. I made it from April 2008 to July 2008.
Tiger I is the most famous tank of the AFV model fan.
Roller coating is interesting and able to complete Zimmerit Coating very fast.
It’s the second time in use the set of Modelkasten coating set.
I could do it well though the back of the body was complex. There is a compressor for painting under the exhaust cover.
The fuel tank with the cooler fan of the engine.
The row of a spare caterpillar is good-looking!
I will correct the overflowed coating later. I opened all the hatches this time for 2-3 tank crews later.
Are there cooler fans? Anyway I painted them. But maybe when I cover it, it’s almost invisible.
It is because of the angle, quite good-looking though it’s tall height impression. This time, since it was a belt type caterpillar, it was considerably difficult to apply loosening pose. I used the instant adhesive very much.
After all, we can not see the cooler fan painting at all. Photo-etched parts on the back is high quality. It is easy for fitting ｔhe wire on the body after annealed.
The wire rope on the body side looks like hang down by gravity. I painted the lower side of the body in mat black in advance.
The attachments of the front side parts were photo-etched parts. Maybe Aber photo-etched parts are higher quality, but I suppose it’s good.
Basic painting in dark yellow.
It is a standard three color camouflage painting. I will make colors settle down though it is too bright for a moment.
Commander and gunner before dressing uniform. It will be possible to adjust later, though there is a space in some places.
I decided to board three crews after all. I will dress them the camouflage uniform. It’s becoming vivid vehicle when three crews are in the hatch.
I used the “Shinsengumi” decal for the camouflage uniform. It’s very handy decal not much time of painting.
Tiger I is one of the core curriculums of the German army tank fans. Tiger I was produced about 1350 tanks between July 1942 and August 1944.
56 calibers 88mm gun strongly annoyed Soviet and Allied army.
This time, Marking was 101st SS heavy tank battalion. Blue and yellow marking is attractive. This battalion had been organized in the spring of 1944, it was deployed in Normandy. It is a battalion that famous ace Michael Wittmann was belonged to.
Latter term type, it is a substantial change that the trank roller became steel-made , it was produced after February, 1944.
I painted the place where the coating had started peeling off in the gray.
The cover that concealed red burnt exhaust muffler was painted in rusted color.
We can’t see any change tone in the photograph though I put the change on the painting of a spare caterpillar.
I painted the camouflage uniform to all of the three crews this time. I used the Tamiya decal set of insignia and Shinsengumi camouflage decal for their uniform.
The angle from here is dignified. It was difficult to fit the number decals on a Zimmerit Coating, silvering is occurring.
When zoom up…. The wrinkle of a camouflage decal like genuine fabric wrinkle.
The chipping work made me sleepy, but harder than every time. Ｉ painted this spare caterpillar rusty, dusty, and considering iron quality of material.
It seems to be effective when seeing from a long distance when tank and crews are in camouflage. At least, I think the black uniform is discovered easier.
The exhaust muffler was burnt.
I think it is a nice photo from here. All crew are in this frame. There were many processes to reach the completed goal. The Zimmerit Coating and figure making is good experience for me.
Let’s challenge the cat families of King Tiger, Panter, etc, next time!