A decal was yellowing when opening a box to make Nahatigall a while ago. Especially the clear area. I wonder when I purchased it, I do not have the spare decal, so let’s bleach the yellowish part in sunlight. Paste it in the window for about a week. If I stick a strange seal it looks like a signal to contact Mr. X with the X-files TV drama, It’s very old…
In order to make the process smooth, I bonded the left and right parts first. Maybe it’s around September 2016? I did not think that I will leave so far at this time. Looking like this, it seems like acorns and carrots, radish.
Actually, this kit was also left unassembled. The nose of the cockpit has entirely clear parts and it seems to be difficult to paint the small flames, and compared with the ordinary aircraft models, the configuration of the parts is unique and difficult to proceed. I had stopped the process in the halfway. I tried restarting work with the momentum which advanced to completion at once like the P-47N and the two-type water plane which I made recently. It may be that there was moving in the fall of 2016 and concentration was interrupted.
The Microscale liquid decal film is definitely effective even with a degraded decal that dries and decomposes in water. However, if you leave it in the water too long and it curled up in a cylindrical shape. It is a difficult task to paste it while flattening it so it is better to fix the position and paste quickly. This time, I am recovering with a brush as much as possible later because some failed.
One of the models which absolutely should not forget to install the weight. If you forget the weight, you can change the wheel and pillar to metal by last means, or push the weight in the gear compartment box part.
The cockpit module and the fuselage were glued and It has a quite large step difference. I needed a little more careful fitting, but I had to disperse my feelings in the assembly here and there. I am filling the step with putty or checking the surface with a surfacer. Well, it’s camouflage painting and I compromise to a certain extent. Somehow it has become a form.
Although the Steam summer sale began, I feel that the discount rate is somewhat less than in the past sale. I started again the Mount & Blade I bought a few years ago. This is a quite time-consuming game. Also, Bioshock, which had been left installed without knowing it was the Japanese language available. The Skyrim has replaced the contents with a big version upgrade. I am happy, but it is a complicated feeling that the version of the games that I have on my PC without permission, it’s upgrading automatically is worried about security. That’s why model making does not proceed much.
I wrote as a reconnaissance aircraft in the title, but it was a night fighter. It is a fighter plane with twin jets. It was equipped with a large antenna on the nose and there was also a loop antenna on the back so it seems that the reconnaissance ability was quite high.
Ar234B-2/N has no battle record as a night fighter, and the completed are about several aircraft. These technologies were succeeded by the West and the Soviet Union after the war, which led to the development of further military jet aircraft.
Hasegawa’s decal deterioration of the transparent part is earlier than other manufacturers. I’ve heard that this has been improved with recent kits. The yellow part of the transparent part was bleached by direct sunlight and coated Liquid decal film and it was able to paste without a problem. However, it is not a good feeling.
When rubbing with the lacquer thinner the part which I mistook from the canopy frame, the area turned white. Sometimes I can remove parts of paint neatly… Since there is no choice, I polished again with a compound. The masking tape which can be pasted on the curve is thick and it is hard to paste the fine parts, and the adhesion strength may have been not good. I guess the condition was better if I used Tamiya ‘s tape or 3M’s one.
The finish quality around the canopy was lacking something. However, it is quite fun to see the cockpit when peering through a lot of windows. It was good that the seat belt was additionally detailed up.
This aircraft is a Germany jet in the early days before the first generation of jets. It is unusual that a twin-engine jet plane of WWII. I think that there are a lot of skills required for the building. I’m not good at building and I like painting, I think it’s not suitable as a first twin-engine kit choice.
Strange to say, even with the kit that had been left for a considerable period of time, my motivation will come when I start installing a few parts. Motivation came out as the cockpit which it seemed to be the most difficult was completed. Although it was difficult to work on the way, I managed to finish it.
To be honest, although Arad’s twin jet started to build with mottling camouflage painting exercises in a light feeling, it is a considerably harder assembly process for beginners. There are polishing of clear parts of the nose cockpit because the original parts have a parting line in the middle. I think mottling camouflage itself was well done.
I am interested in models of tanks, airplanes, ships, military figures, I build it little by little when I feel like it. I am also interested in the history of war. My starting is Tamiya’s Military Miniature series in the elementary school.
From elementary school through university students repeatedly suspend and restart my modeling, it’s about 25 years of this hobby’s history.
Born in February 1970, I live in Tokyo. From February 2007 I was quietly doing a site called “Miniature-Arcadia”. It is being transferred to this blog with the same name from December 2016. My update pace is uneven, but please come to see here occasionally.