I’ll try to build a British Sherman tank. According to the package, it seems to be a vehicle active at Sicily. This is a fairly old kit. It was said that the Tasca (now the name is Aska) Sherman kits are the precise reproduction. I think that it does not release a very good kit now. I also have two Taska kits. However, I will try to make a Dragon Models again.
Recently I read WWII story in Burma that I’m interested in British Sherman. Once Sherman tanks were deployed in the British army, it was described that there were no weapons that could be countered by the Japanese army and that they were often forgiven the front, and I was a little interested that the British Sherman was a powerful weapon. The Japan soldiers had no choice but to attack holding the bomb which they built in haste at a front and does a bodily crash attack. And the success rate is really low… This time I’m making a shaman of the European Front, anyway, I will proceed with this building.
This Sherman kit is a belt type caterpillar. I think it was called Dragon Styrene Caterpillar. The detail is pretty good. The British Sherman on the island of Sicily has many vehicles wearing such a waffle type track patterns. The rubber-like Dragon styrene caterpillar does not show any signs of deterioration although it is a kit purchased quite a long time ago.
The right and left caterpillars were cut on the way of working. On the left, I poured the instant adhesive first, and additional working of the plastic adhesive, it breaks easily. The caterpillar on the right, I used only the instant adhesive on the basis of the failure of the left but was cut off. Is it cracked and cut when taking tension? Since both sides were cut at the driving wheel, I added an instant adhesive and forced it to harden. Does this part hide in the fender? Well, there is no way. I do not know if the material is rubber or silicon, but is it degraded? Maybe I didn’t use a powerful thinner.
Because the caterpillar can be seen halfway even if I installed all side fender and the front fender, I fixed a lot of places with the instant adhesive so as to get the weight feeling as much as possible.
I like this light guard because the features of the photo-etched parts are effective. The front fender has become dirty with the instant adhesive. It’s OK to leave this because of the weathering paint.
Since the tan was finished up on the way, I used the other color, the soil color and the Israeli tank color on hand appropriately mixed. This two-color camouflage is not very familiar with me, a strange feeling even after painting…
British Army Sherman Mk. III has been completed. The kit is the main battle tank of the British Army in the Operation Husky, a landing operation on the island of Sicily, which fought under the command of Marshal Montgomery.
It is called Sherman Mk.III. I wonder this is a modification of the US military Sherman M4A2. There are so many variations of Sherman tanks that I do not understand well. There are additional armor plates at the side armor and at the rear of the tank.
The tank crew work clothes are so beautiful and not matched with this tank. I had a little trouble with caterpillar and etching parts, it was almost fun to build. I have made several Sherman tanks in the past, and I don’t really know the exact accuracy, I thought that it was not a bad kit about assembling.
I am interested in models of tanks, airplanes, ships, military figures, I build it little by little when I feel like it. I am also interested in the history of war. My starting is Tamiya’s Military Miniature series in the elementary school.
From elementary school through university students repeatedly suspend and restart my modeling, it’s about 25 years of this hobby’s history.
Born in February 1970, I live in Tokyo. From February 2007 I was quietly doing a site called “Miniature-Arcadia”. It is being transferred to this blog with the same name from December 2016. My update pace is uneven, but please come to see here occasionally.