Jagdpanther Sd.Kfz.173 Ausf.G1 German Tank Destroyer Dragon 1/35
Smart kit Dragon Jagdpanther. It is built from December 2008 to March 2009.
I started to make the Jagdpanther.
The trank roller is considerably time-consuming to assemble because of the threefold structure as you see. I can imagine it would have been quite hard maintenance as the real situation.
Since it was a first stage type Panther, I did Zimmerit Coating. It was written that the coating blade of Gumka was the best for checkered coating by the model magazine. But I did checker with the race knife since I did not have that blade, unfortunately. Finishing is very rough as you see.
It was not so good though I wrote the lower side of the front by hand with the race knife, too. I need to consider some other way to scratch on the side armor.
There’s a gap on the back. I need to close it for the sliced plastic board. The detailed appearance was improved after using the photo-etched parts.
There are lots of the remaining parts in Dragon’s kit because it was included many extra optional parts. I need to check there are no forgotten parts again and again.
I put detailed stripes to coat on the side armor with my design knife.
This figure was combined the resin head with the field cap and Dragon’s tank soldier figure. When I covered by the cap and added the hair with the epoxy putty on the shaven head became better looking. The hands and legs are omitted since only a small part will be shown from the hatch.
Starting peeling off in some places has occurred the real situation of the battlefield.
The basic painting was dark yellow and red Brown camouflage.
Marking was Viking SS 5th armor division.
The nationality mark and vehicle number 221 were assumptions as well as the division mark. I could paste the decals neatly on this Zimmerit Coating.
Jagdpanther has the reputation of the best German tank destroyer. One of the reasons is using the base of Panther which is the main battle tank of the latter half of World War II. The armament is an 8.8cm antitank cannon as same as King Tiger.
At first, since the silhouette of the vehicle was monotonous, I felt it’s not an attractive tank.
I did Zimmerit Coating by trial and error as I commented on making a report.
The vehicle belonged to Viking the 5th armor division. This division was an elite force in the Eastern Front and took important roles just before Germany surrender.
This figure observes the outside while waring surroundings.
It might not have been a number of Allied soldiers met this tank since only 420 were produced.
I attached various OVM to the side armor. I made the caterpillar shine as the ground rubbed them to expose metal color.
I think the rough camouflage of dark yellow and red-brown added a strong impression.
I did lightly weathering and chipping. No need to do muddy weathering this time, considering the balance of shining caterpillars.
There are a lot of parts, though it was a simple shape. There might be always a lot of parts in Dragon’s kit. I doubted I can complete it while I was coating on this armor. Now it took much time but the very nice tank was completed.
I am interested in models of tanks, airplanes, ships, military figures, I build it little by little when I feel like it. I am also interested in the history of war. My starting is Tamiya’s Military Miniature series in the elementary school.
From elementary school through university students repeatedly suspend and restart my modeling, it’s about 25 years of this hobby’s history.
Born in February 1970, I live in Tokyo. From February 2007 I was quietly doing a site called “Miniature-Arcadia”. It is being transferred to this blog with the same name from December 2016. My update pace is uneven, but please come to see here occasionally.