This is my first posting. Until now I have operated the website “MINIATURE ARCADIA” for about 10 years. Working in the “HOMEPAGE BUILDER” software is a bit troublesome and the layout collapses with smartphones and tablets, so I thought of transferring the article to WordPress. I moved the topic of the M1 Abrams tank of the Dragon Models I built the very first. This work was from February to March 2007.
This time, I choose M1A1 Abrams in Iraq War. I hope it’s my first memorable nice kit. （2007/02/02）
I was surprised there were a lot of parts. There are about 760 parts. So many and I can’t array on my desk all the parts. The photo-etched parts and decals are attached The photo-etched parts and decals are attached. Anyway, I’ll start making it from tomorrow.
I assembled the lower body with no difficulty. Sand papered because the edge of the trank roller was a little edgy. (2007/02/03)
Construction of caterpillar. This typing out pin marks and parting lines stand out though the Magic Track was easily assembled. Behind parts of this photograph was sandpapered, the front one was before papered parts. I omitted sand paperwork the parts hidden by the side skirts.
The assembly of the body is almost completed. It took time to attach the armor plates on both sides. This model has become more precise after using the etched parts. (2007/02/10)
Back of the body. After basic painting, I install clear parts of the tail lamp.
It is the upper surface of the body. Because of the glue fouled marks, partly rough finishing, but I’ll fix it before painting. This kit is expressed the skid processing on the body and it is excellent.
At last, assembly ended in the turret part. The assembly of the turret base was considerably more complex. Because the gap was occurring, I amended it with the patty. Only this turret is almost the same size as a small tank.
Back shot of the turret. On the surface of the metal barrel, sandpapered with No.1000 for sticky painting. However, there are a lot of no understandable devices on modern tanks…
I lost one part of the smoke charger and substituted it by a transparent runner. The texture of the steel wire rope is also excellent. I punctured small holes on the barrel with a mini drill. I think that molding was considerably remarkable.
The hatch enabled opening and closing. (2007/02/11)
The support arm of the gun barrel also equipped. Other parts interfered and it was not easy to attach them. (2007/02/16)
I will make this kit for the tank of the first infantry division in Iraq War. It is quite good-looking though even completion is still a long way to go.
It is the same barrel as Leopard in Germany.
The back shot of the whole body. There were a lot of parts and it took time to assemble very much.
I almost deserted the runner with parts “U18”. The photo-etched parts were prepared near in the case of ammunition of the machine gun but I omitted them. It’s too small.
Because of a recent kit is prepared with the full volume excellent photo-etched parts, I can finish it with reality without third party’s photo-etched parts.
Finally the painting starts. I decided the camouflage pattern roughly in Red Brown, Khaki Green, and Black.
Basic painting is completed. （2007/02/24）
After washing, the color tone was darker. (2007/03/01)
Coloring was settled down when painting finished though it was brightly painted at the beginning… It is regrettable to have silvering with the decals…
Marking is the first infantry division in the Iraq War in 2004 according to the instruction. The mark of the scorpion is cool!
I did not do weathering these taillights for the accent. I suppose to let it be shining is good-looking.
To see natural dirt in the vertical direction on the side skirt.
I made the hole 12.7mm machine gun on the side by the mini drill and emphasized the detail. Even the character of the back of the hatch is understood well, nice details.
I had a hard time in detailed tiny decals pasting.
The periscope is thinly painted in clear blue. Whoops! The window of the infrared device was upper and lower opposite.
After having painted the machine gun in the black, I did dry brushing lightly with the gunmetal.
After washing, paints were not wiped off well and remain strangely irregular marks. It did not disappear completely though the matte coat airbrushing and rubbed with the cotton bud. I will take care of this kind of mistake next time…
I am interested in models of tanks, airplanes, ships, military figures, I build it little by little when I feel like it. I am also interested in the history of war. My starting is Tamiya’s Military Miniature series in the elementary school.
From elementary school through university students repeatedly suspend and restart my modeling, it’s about 25 years of this hobby’s history.
Born in February 1970, I live in Tokyo. From February 2007 I was quietly doing a site called “Miniature-Arcadia”. It is being transferred to this blog with the same name from December 2016. My update pace is uneven, but please come to see here occasionally.