It is an anti-tank gun of the British army. I made it from May 2012 to December 2012.
Trying to assemble Ordnance 2 pounder, it seems so easy. Vulcan Scale Models is a new emerging manufacturer located in Hong Kong. I wonder why selected this pretty minor item for the first product. Box art of combat position looks cool.
Anti-tank cannon is simple, there are fewer parts composition than tanks or half trucks. Some of the shell boxes have sink marks but I think these are easily fixed by putty. Overall, well mold for the first product.
I had to do holiday working for account closing but anyway I assembled it a little. Please refer the US dollar quarter coin and one hundred Japanese Yen coin for comparison of the size. Oh, I will have to work tomorrow, too, sigh…..
Attached large cannon shield and stand. Tires are divided thin layered parts and I need to care not too much glue using, it’s spoils detailed tire mold. Remain apart gunner’s chair for fitting figure later.
Assembly was almost completed. The foot of the artillery carriage is equipped with a sharp metal fittings such as fixed embedded in the ground. It is not so much strong when viewed from front. I’m a generation became familiar with robot animation, I feel like it’s starting walking at any moment.
My impression is that this model expresses a complex mechanism for a fairly reasonable number of parts.
I amended big sink mark of shell boxes with epoxy putty. Some of the ammunition parts bottom is flat, I made a dent in the middle. Brass shells were provided by the figure kit as follows. This is really good! Cause, I have not touched too much these kind of metal shells.
Vulcan releases artillery set for Ordnance 2 Pounder. I keep standing soldier for a future occasion and others for this time.
Left artillery crew is operating cannon. Right hand is holding the wheel and left hand also operating wheel. Right and left foot needs to be fitted with pedals. To be precise adjustment is required. Just stand the tank crew on the back engine panel is much easier. Right is fighting spirited soldier loading ammunition. I needed microscopic adjustment for both hands. Both heads are changed to Hornet resin parts. I love the Hornet figures line up, I would like to have the collection of all headsets…
Vulcan model’s face mold is also good compare to other injection kits.
Original 3 faces. The middle one will be much better after you carve to add a little more mold. Although it’s difficult part.
Wearing a helmet and equipment, attached the chip strap. It’s a very long face. Arranged his hair by epoxy putty to finish up.
Short hair crew is now a little bushy hair. I should have dropped the dust before taking pictures. Anyway, overall good feeling.
I blew surfacer before basic color paint. Metal parts and resin heads are coated thinly by a metal primer to have sturdy painted surface.
The back of the antitank cannon, there are hard to reach airbrush paint. I blew the darker color in advance.
In my image, basic color of British Army located in North Africa is rather reddish than dark yellow. I added white and wood brown with the basic color dark yellow. It seems box art color is dark yellow.
Regarding figures, I painted Mr.Hobby’s fresh and it’s too much whitish. Considering they are fighting in North Africa, skin color should be a little more tanned.
2 pounds British anti-tank gun was completed. This is 40mm caliber. Its designation is from the weight of the bullet 2 lbs(roughly about 1kg). This was active in North Africa and Europe in the first half of the WWII.
I was shocked that the parting line left in the assembly stage came out in doing dry-brushing. I should have been more careful finishing.
I’ve tried the effect of dust with the pastel but this time I blew matte clear later for trying to fix the micro particles. It seems the powder color changed , but no longer attached to my finger. Conclusion, pastel work should be the final stage, after controlling gloss and matte.
I should have done small adjustment of the Creos hobby color of skin airbrushing because it was too whitish in the North Africa. In the end, I drew basic paint with Tamiya enamel skin color, and painted the contrast in oil a contrast with the fresh oil from the paintbrush of Tamiya enamel. Honestly, at the beginning, trying to paint from the first to finish the only oil painting but did not work well…
Ummmm…. It is just a jaw-dropping figure. It was more full of fighting spirit face before painting. Maybe going the gallant eyes and eyebrows lifted is better. It’s difficult to decide white eye and pupil relationship, balanced.
Uncle gunner, he had a broken neck that I dropped him on the floor during my painting. I had to find this missing neck crawling around on the floor.
I feel it’s a good sense of reality in this layout.
Plastic becomes brittle while the washing, mount legs 2 parts were broken. It takes time to fix to use plastic adhesive, instant adhesive is very weak against impact. Watching from this distance is the most natural, failure point is not much prominent.
Well, it’s getting colder and colder. In my painting works, my pet rabbit, Netherland Dwarf, begun the season of replacement of hair, lot’s of hairs scattered in my room….. Adhered to the surface of the skin while I’m painting in oil.
I am interested in models of tanks, airplanes, ships, military figures, I build it little by little when I feel like it. I am also interested in the history of war. My starting is Tamiya’s Military Miniature series in the elementary school.
From elementary school through university students repeatedly suspend and restart my modeling, it’s about 25 years of this hobby’s history.
Born in February 1970, I live in Tokyo. From February 2007 I was quietly doing a site called “Miniature-Arcadia”. It is being transferred to this blog with the same name from December 2016. My update pace is uneven, but please come to see here occasionally.