Hawker Seahawk FGA Mk.6 Royal Navy Carrier-Based Fighter Trumpeter 1/48
Once again an airplane plastic model. It’s a first-generation jet fighter of the Royal Navy, Hawker Seahawk.
There is a carved seal of 2006 on the photo-etched parts. It has passed for 10 years after its release. I thought it was still a new kit, but is it 10 years ago.
I used putty for these injection pin marks.
I’m making the rocket bombs and belly tanks first. These works are too much of a bother after main body painting.
Mounting holes of the rockets, because there are five columns of molds I had opened all. I checked the instruction, there are only 4 as same as the above photo. It was costing twice the labor. I was just remembering 8 rockets.
It is good to include the cockpit seat belt in this kit. If there was a decal of the side panel, it was better.
The rear body and half of the wings are separate parts. There are many parts to make the whole body.
Meters are very real when I put an attached film. Also, I did dry brushing lightly.
This kit can be built in the folded wing position. And there are some gaps at that point when the wings are straight. I think that the real airplane doesn’t have such gaps. Was anywhere mistaken?
It is a big failure. I’m ashamed to say, I have glued the parts to use in a folded state for the normal style. That explains why there are some holes. It is impossible to tear it off now because I adhered to them solidly. Unfortunately, I fill the gap and go ahead as it is. Oh, it is a feeling of weakness…
I don’t usually file by sandpaper with water, but I tried to do so this time there is a surface treatment. Sponge paper soup with plastic powder, with exact file stick.
The painting of Duck Egg Green is now completed.
I blew the dark sea gray. I thought whether more blue is strong when I see the box painting of the Trumpeter, but after all, It’s gray. Generally, I think military modelers have many gray color stocks.
On the backside, I took a mistake again. Though some backside must paint in the dark sea gray, I painted all in duck egg green. It was hot that day, and am I absent-minded? I am wondering, I will modify it now or not. This is a big difference.
This kit decal is very beautiful. Stripe decal is required delicate adjusting. On the front and back together and adjust the position, after that, I used the mark softer. It was less of a failure. I’m still poor at sticking big decals…
After all, unpainted part of the fuselage underside recovery with the airbrush was very difficult after paste all the decals. I try a brush painting. A recovery in a practice.
Hawker Sea Hawk is a carrier-based fighter of the Royal Navy, which is operated after the Second World War.
As for the characteristic of this jet, the engine nozzles are located at the root of the main wing. They are on both sides, but the jet engine is one.
FGA6 is a kind of version-up, and the engine had been strengthened compared with the early stage assignment.
4 x 20mm cannons are equipped. This Seahawk handles rockets, so it was used as the fighter-bomber rather than a pure fighter.
Seahawk is participating in combat in the Suez Crisis. Since the 10 squadrons participated, and one squadron has 20 aircraft so organized a total of 200 aircraft? It’s a considerable force, isn’t it?
Though there is no mention of a manual, I think that you should put a weight on the front.
Marking is WV918/230-Z-B, 810Sqn, HMS Albion 1956.
Painted with a clear green because the wing-tip light is a clear part.
Because it is a carrier-based plane, I could build even the wing folded state. The folded wing has a small space.
I built the flap opened state. I’m not sure which is the better looking close or open.
There are a lot of antennas, and attention is necessary for handling.
It was enjoyable to paste the beautiful decals. The Roundel white area is a little thin?
I like not to make a weathering on yellow and black stripes aircraft identification mark so much.
I think we can finish quite precisely without buying the other materials if you like the attached photo-etched parts and the small meter panel sheet.
Umm, if it’s over a canopy, detailed cockpit panel reflect diffusely, and are difficult to see it.
It is somewhat similar to flying squirrels.
Bright and clean underside. I like the color Duck Egg Green.
I attached eight rockets and two belly tanks.
I think that recovery was quite well, though I forgot to paint with the gray of the main wing undersurface.
A weight was installed around the cockpit, it was a delicate balance. I poked it a little, falling to the rear. I added weight in the landing compartment of the nose. I painted this part mat black. The back of the body is considerably heavy.
The engine nozzles are located at the root of the main wing. There seems to be a vertical line, a step was big, so I filled it with putty and made it smooth.
I suppose the British fighters have a beautiful body line like Spitfire and Hurricane.
It was an easy assembly kit generally. I made the first-generation fighter jet again, following the last Sabre. Recently, I built a lot of airplane plastic models. I like both the jet and propeller planes.
I am interested in models of tanks, airplanes, ships, military figures, I build it little by little when I feel like it. I am also interested in the history of war. My starting is Tamiya’s Military Miniature series in the elementary school.
From elementary school through university students repeatedly suspend and restart my modeling, it’s about 25 years of this hobby’s history.
Born in February 1970, I live in Tokyo. From February 2007 I was quietly doing a site called “Miniature-Arcadia”. It is being transferred to this blog with the same name from December 2016. My update pace is uneven, but please come to see here occasionally.