It is a U.S. light tank built in March 2009.
Making of the light tank Stuart U.S. Army.
As for assembly around the chassis, parts were little but the structure was complex. I noticed to touch the ground all the wheels.
The rack is photo-etched parts like a real wire net.
The upper and lower body matched without trouble. I lost 2 tiny parts.
Two front wire hooks were lost. Since there was no other way, I made them from the brass wire.
I thinly planed the fender with the design knife. Because of the light tank, it looks better. The machine-gun post and the barrel were aluminum parts.
There are many detailed plastic parts, though the photo-etched parts are few.
Especially, a spare caterpillar on the front side and the turret side is detailed and painful. The variation without spare caterpillar is optional.
I painted basic color in olive drab.
Before pasting decals, I sprayed clear to adhere to decal sticking. I chose the marking of British, 5th Royal Tank Regiment, 22nd Amd Brigade in June 1944. Red marks are colorful and nice.
This figure makes out the tank was very small. When I bent the arm by force, it became unnatural.
M3A3 Stuart was completed. The armor plate is changed from the riveted joint to the welding compared with M3A1, and the slope of a front armor has been changed. A British army fought bravely against the Japanese in the Pacific War.
I did silver dry-brushing too much.
I irregularly depicted rust and mud with washing. I changed the tone since it was unattractive when it was a single color.
The assembly of a spare caterpillar is difficult and it seems rattled.
It seems not to have been used by the U.S. Army, though M3 was supplied for Allied Forces by the Lend-Lease Acts. A Yugoslavia army, a British army, and the example of Allied Forces such as China were listed in the instruction examples. I chose the marking of the British, 5th Royal Tank Regiment, 22nd Amd Brigade in June 1944.
The variable parts became obstructed and Ｉ abandoned to take the crew on this turret which opening all the hatches are difficult. However, I took the driver by force. The turret did not turn so much.
I did the pastel work as the powder since it had been used in Normandy.
Periscopes were painted in blue. Since it was a matte painting, I made them paint clear and shine.
It took time, though it was a small body. There is the shot looked into from the under like the real solder eyesight.
M3A3 Stuart is difficult for me, but I’m content with the completion.
I am interested in models of tanks, airplanes, ships, military figures, I build it little by little when I feel like it. I am also interested in the history of war. My starting is Tamiya’s Military Miniature series in the elementary school.
From elementary school through university students repeatedly suspend and restart my modeling, it’s about 25 years of this hobby’s history.
Born in February 1970, I live in Tokyo. From February 2007 I was quietly doing a site called “Miniature-Arcadia”. It is being transferred to this blog with the same name from December 2016. My update pace is uneven, but please come to see here occasionally.