I made a Russian fighter plane in April 2015.
The other day, I went to the hobby shop near my house to purchase the color of Merkava IV now I’m making, but unfortunately, it’s out of stock so I had an impulse purchase for this Flanker D. Since I made F-15E, I would like to make another Jet Fighter.
This kit is included in many kinds of weapons, I try to make it fully armed. The combination of the weapon layout is complicated, I referred to the chart in the manual. I decided to mount the R-27R, R-27ET, R73, and B-8. I should decide which weapon to amount this timing of the latest.
It’s not related to the modeling, I purchased the GTX960 PC video card. It seems eight times faster the drawing speed improvement than my CPU onboard HD4600. It is inspiring that the 3D games I only bought no played are so smooth moving! For example, Tomb Raider is more interesting than playing on the rough screen…
I glanced at first before starting, my impression of 1/72 is easy, this kit has many parts and the process is difficult for airplane model beginners. I need to recognize the type of pylon and weapon combination after cutting off from the runner. Pylon and the body, lower surface are the same color, it’s probably easy painting after attaching them.
I attached air intake to the body without a big problem. Many curved parts became one beautiful form finally, it’s beautiful. I opened the pylon holes underside of the main wing at this timing The marks on the wing indicate the location of holes.
Cut out the paper and masking. I got used to doing masking and became interesting as a paper cutout. I thought this green kneaded eraser is useful for this masking, but it’s too elastic and not suitable for detailed work.
Thinking about the efficiency of masking, the first paint color light blue is better in basic color due to the masking pattern. My procedure has become very difficult.
Light Blue has dropped the saturation to mix the other two colors moderately. Now light blue is good matching with other colors in harmony.
Now I’m sticking decals and painting detailed points. After painting more of the engine nozzles then it’s completed. Oh, I forgot the rocket pods on the under-right corner photo. This time it’s fully armed and there are kinds of weapons.
The underside working. Engine metallic and landing gear red paint, side of the wing silver is by brush. I wonder the engine nozzle painted in silver is good, but it’s better to add darker colors.
Mmmmm…, It’s a big failure. The really last process, peeled off the masking of canopy and inside looks mist over! It’s really shocked me. Considering the causes, too much adhesive used and vaporized one did the tricky things, or I splayed many times and paint mist was into through the narrow gap. Oh, What should I do? The sticky bonded canopy is not coming off easily. I think the solution is a moment. This time also I was at a loss after failed.
At first, I finished closing the cockpit, but the inside was covered in dust as the making comment. I poured thin adhesive into the joint of the canopy little by little and peeled it off, changed the canopy opened. Once again, I polished the canopy and soon it is shiny, I think the airbrush dry mist was into the cockpit through the canopy gap.
Russian Navy aircraft carrier Admiral Kuznetzov (Адмира́л Кузнецо́в) Aircraft Ser. No.72. The eagle is a trademark. The tricolor flag of Russia is also displayed in parallel with the red star of the Soviet Union.
Engine nozzles are instructed to paint three metallic colors. I didn’t struggle with this paint if I splayed it earlier. At first, I painted the engine with bright silver, I tried detailed gradation with a brush but it’s difficult.
Painting of the engine is much room for improvement, as F-15E. Although this time I dry brushing the inside of the exhaust nozzle, it became a little more realistic.
Many detailed paintings were required on the body. It’s better to paint in lacquer-based colors same as base colors. Since the modification is easy in the case of enamel used, and I think it’s no problem when washing after being coated with lacquer clear. Sometimes the enamel paint melting when I washed, the coating was not perfect.
I did light washing also white missiles. I wonder real missile is new and little weathering is better. I think not used missiles in the mission or training was detached, maybe it’s cleaned by the next time.
There were a lot of troubles and mistakes, but trial and error make my affection for this kit. Camouflage paint was difficult, the rare blue colors pattern was a very fresh sense for me. Next time aircraft kit, I would like to finish up with better quality.
I am interested in models of tanks, airplanes, ships, military figures, I build it little by little when I feel like it. I am also interested in the history of war. My starting is Tamiya’s Military Miniature series in the elementary school.
From elementary school through university students repeatedly suspend and restart my modeling, it’s about 25 years of this hobby’s history.
Born in February 1970, I live in Tokyo. From February 2007 I was quietly doing a site called “Miniature-Arcadia”. It is being transferred to this blog with the same name from December 2016. My update pace is uneven, but please come to see here occasionally.