I found a photo of Tamiya’s Walker Bulldog that I made for a long time, so I put it on the back of the production note. It’s not so well finished. This kit was built from July 2012 to November 2012.
Just attached the suspension parts to the chassis. The suspension was divided so many parts, it’s a long way to reach attaching the road wheel to the body. At the bottom of the body, I can see the mold “2002 TAIWAN”, it’s just 10 years ago, the kit was released. However, the original kit released was older because I heard the AFV club bought this kit mold from Skybow Model.
Just attached the wheels to the body and I have a fine sense of achievement so far. Surplus epoxy putty, I used to support the drive wheel mounting pin from the backside. We can see an escape hatch inside the body, it’s carefully molded.
Do you have the benefits of change from rubber belts to the workable caterpillar? This photo’s under 2 belts are rubber. The top side is a workable optional one. The mold of both of them is excellent so not much inferior for the rubber type. You think workable track assembly is troublesome, but it’s no big deal once you get used to it.
Caterpillar attached around the wheel to try. It’s not so big a difference. But I like the feeling of each caterpillar plate is the straight shape and round to the wheel with the appropriate angle gradually one by one.
Recently, Tamiya’s rubber parts adhere to use plastic cement so I thought it’s OK for these parts. But all the parts were peeling… My ascetic monk-like detailed work was in vain. It’s OK with considerable strength to use the instant adhesive.
Chassis assembly completed. I used the Mag-Lite for shorter hardening of light-curing putty. It’s very useful for this kind of work. I’m not sure how to attach some of the parts at the back of the chassis even though reading the instruction manual. I only guess the right position for these.
Turret assembly is completed. The aluminum barrel’s straight line is a good effect on modeling. Once I adhered to the turret and body, it seems difficult to apart, so I only put on this turret on the body.
The main hatch is movable, open, and shut. Because the periscope guard on the turret left side and the main hatch base parts plastic was not enough flow in a metal mold, I adjusted with epoxy putty.
I’ll set up this Alpine US AFV figure next to this M41. This figure quality is excellent, about to start moving lively. I’m not sure to paint like a sample painting, it’s almost impossible but I’ll do my best.
Basic paint. All is lacquer paint, Mr.Hobby color, up to this point. I tried to airbrush with black on the road wheels, but after all, I will have to retouch all the miss painting part, so the only easy part, I airbrushed.
After blowing clear to the space of attaching decals, I used Mark Softer to adhere to some decals. I think it prevents silvering the decals. I accented to blow a brighter color on the basic color, some effect of gradation.
I found the remained parting line forgotten to erase on the mantlet. I checked it with real tank photos, these kinds of lines do not exist, and no line on the famous Tamiya’s kit. M24 Chaffee has a similar line. Ummm, it’s trouble…
Increasing thickness of the canvas with Tamiya Putty. Surrounded the edge of the canvas with the stretched runner, attached the chopped thin lead and rivets cut out from the extra parts of German tanks which I assembled past time and keep them.
Well, it’s not so bad after painting. Poor efficiency as that additional works after complete basic painting. I guess it’s OK, thinking efficiency is unrefined for enjoy the hobby. After completing the canvas cover, I felt a sense of accomplishment, likely to hand out the next kit.
According to the manual, this marking is the U.S. Army 1st Armored Regiment in West Germany, 1956. M41 had also been granted to West Germany till they developed the domestic manufactured tank named Leopard.
There was no indication in the manual, the muffler cover was finished feeling pretty rusty. In the news last year in Bangkok, I saw the M41 tank to crush the demonstrations, that the tank’s muffler was also fairly rusty.
M24 Chaffee was difficult to counter the Soviet-made T-34-85, M41 has been developed as M24’s successor models during the Korean War. They are in use around the world and are produced in total about 5,500.
The Canvas Mantelet cover is made from Tissue and putty. The fastener is made of shredded weight plate attached bonding rivets scrape down the excess parts of other kits. Wrinkles on the canvas are room for more research.
Here’s the Alpine US AFV crew by the side of the turret. I have a question that there’s any problem with this uniform in the 1950’s US tank crew, like this photo. I tried to fit this figure into the vehicle, I thought they were wearing a similar jumper in the Korean War.
1st Armored Division mark on the left sleeve. It was hard to draw with a brush, detailed pattern. I like this part that went surprisingly well conclusion. It’s unknown the figure’s marking and vehicle marking are matched.
I am interested in models of tanks, airplanes, ships, military figures, I build it little by little when I feel like it. I am also interested in the history of war. My starting is Tamiya’s Military Miniature series in the elementary school.
From elementary school through university students repeatedly suspend and restart my modeling, it’s about 25 years of this hobby’s history.
Born in February 1970, I live in Tokyo. From February 2007 I was quietly doing a site called “Miniature-Arcadia”. It is being transferred to this blog with the same name from December 2016. My update pace is uneven, but please come to see here occasionally.